Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Background

My life began in DeRidder, La. Now, for those of you who don't know this place, it is a quaint town about 45 minutes from Texas. It is filled with senior citizens, and high schoolers. And some other people in between. At the age of 1, we moved to Beaumont, Texas. And, at the age of 3, we moved to the great state of Alaska. We'll begin there.

I lived in Alaska until the age of 16. I love that state! I grew up in Anchorage, which is probably the most widely known city in the whole state. When I left, I left behind some of the most amazing people I have ever known. I miss each and every one of them! I miss the beautiful scenery; waking up each morning to snow capped mountains...it was amazing!!! I loved snow machining, skiing, and even gave snow boarding a shot. We camped, hiked, mountain biked, etc.



As I said, when I was 16, I left. My parents went through a terrible separation. Long story short, I ended up in DeRidder, La. Again. This time, I was obviously more aware of my surroundings. I enrolled in a high school where I knew noone, a church where I knew noone, and spent my Friday nights, with no one. See a pattern? I was LOST. So, I made the best of what I had.

Eventually, I met people at both church and school. And, I even made friends. I was highly disappointed with the education system, but that's a whole other blog. I graduated in the year 2000. I was FREE!!! Well, sort of. I enrolled in Northwestern State University, and lived my first semester at home.

THEN, I was free. I left home, moved to Natchitoches, La, and spent the next five years of my life in college. College was crazy. I enjoyed my freedom (maybe a little too much) and filled my plate with more than I could chew. I was a full time aviation student, a full time assistant manager, and a full time social butterfly. I didn't have my priorities straight, and left college burnt out in 2005.
I met Ronnie in July of 2004. We began seriously dating in September of the same year. I was in love before we started dating. HA! After a year of dating, we planned our wedding and married October 29, 2005.
Shortly after we married, we moved back to DeRidder (see another pattern?). April 11, 2006, I had a beautiful baby girl.








Kaitlyn Marie has been the most awesome, nerveracking, incredible, scary, amazing, stressful thing that has happened to us. In other words, its been a roller coaster. But, I wouldn't change a moment of it. She has completely changed our lives, and for the better!! Everything I do, I do for her. My life has been consumed. She is entirely too spoiled, and she's rotten to boot. She can be so precious, and so bad all in the same breath. So, many of my blogs will probably be about her!! Here she is today:




So, I guess that's it for my first blog! I hope you enjoy this and all the future craziness that I call LIFE!!!




1 comment:

Post a Comment